Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tres Leches Cupcakes


I love a rich, moist cupcake!  If you are the same way, then this is the recipe for you...


Tres Leche Cupcakes

Ingredients: 
1 box of white cake mix with oil, eggs and water
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 cup whole milk
1 box of small vanilla pudding
1 small tub of Cool Whip

1 box of White cake mix: mix additional ingredients according to box directions and bake.  I did not use cupcake liners.  You aren't going to need them. I just baked them right in the tin, but make sure to spray the tin with cooking spray.

After the cupcakes have cooled slightly, carefully remove them from the tin.  Arrange them on serving tray or individual plates and poke holes into the cupcakes.  Mix 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 can of evaporated milk together.  Pour about half the mixture over all the cupcakes.  Wait a few minutes for the cupcakes to soak up the milk and then pour the rest over the cupcakes.  This will make them gooey and moist.  You will definitely have to eat these babies with a fork!

Now for the frosting:  Mix one small box of vanilla pudding with 1 cup of milk.  Stir for a few minutes until pudding becomes smooth.  Fold in a small tub of cool whip into the pudding.  Top each cupcake with the pudding frosting.


Enjoy!


Vote for us on Picket Fence by clicking this button!

15 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yum, those sound gooey and absolutely delicious!

Just Jaime said...

Yum! I pinned these for later!

Christine @ Park House Love said...

Yum, I LOVE tres leches cake...will definitely have to try this cupcake version!

Jenn said...

These sound really yummy!

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Ohh your cupcakes look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Lisa


http://magnoliacottage7.blogspot.ca/2012/05/tea-time_16.html

Robin said...

These look amazing. But i have one question...where does the whole milk go? Or am i missing it?

ShirleyRunner said...

oh my Goodness I love tres leches, being hispanic I love it even more I think . I have to try this recipe it looks and it sounds so yummy.
Stopping by from the Two Sasters TGIF link party

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

I've never attempted this king of cupcake before, but I've been wanting to try for a while. Your recipe sounds so simple - I'm going to have to give it a go!

Unknown said...

Robin- the cupcake soak up the milk and makes them very moist, that's why you need a fork! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy and we do love cake here

Michelle Day said...

These sound heavenly! Can't wait to try them. I LOVE Sweetened condensed milk and anything it's in too :) Thanks for sharing

Heather @ InHerChucks said...

Love the cupcake idea! I recently tried making Tres Leches cake for the firs time...http://inherchucks.com/2012/03/23/tres-leches-cake/...and now I am hooked! Can't wait to try these :) Thanks for sharing! I found you through Sweets for a Saturday...

Beth said...

So yummy! I love tres leches.
blog.lulalouise.com

Unknown said...

Yum! I love Tres Leche - and I love cupcakes. This is a win/win in my book! I'd love for you to link the recipe to my new link party: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/document.html

Thanks!
- Sarah @ www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Sound and look delicious!! Thank you for sharing them at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a wonderful week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...