Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recipe Binder


Bridget, one of our sisters, has an amazing collection of recipes that she has gathered over the years from cooking magazines.  Every time she would see a recipe that she wanted to try or one that looked amazing, she would rip it out from the magazine and put it in her recipe binder.

Well, I started gathering quite the collection of recipe magazines.  It was becoming a problem because I forgot what recipes I wanted to try in the magazines.  So they would just sit on a shelf gathering dust.  Every time I would see those magazines, I would think of Bridget and her neatly organized binder.  

I knew exactly what I needed to do...


I started out by getting a one inch binder.  I printed off the words "Recipes" and added it to come cute scrapbook paper.  

I used scrapbook paper to make my "dividers".  I picked different colors and patterns that coordinated somewhat.  

I used my Silhouette to make the tabs.  I picked the tabs through their online library.  Then I typed in the tabs what I wanted them to say.  I printed on my printer the tabs, make sure to print the registration marks.  Then I sent it through my Silhouette machine and cut them out.  And then tape them onto your sheet protector.


These are the tabs I used, but you can choose whatever and how many you want.

Appetizers
Breads
Breakfast
Side Dishes
Desserts
Main Dishes
Salads
Soup and Chili
Pizza and Pasta
Drinks



I'm loving my Recipe Binder.  I feel so organized.  It's so nice to go through all those fun magazines and take out the recipes I want.  Then I let my kids make collages with the rest of the magazine.  It's a win-win situation!

My kids also like going through the binder and picking out recipes they want to try.



And when I find a recipe online, I print it out with a picture and add it to the binder.  It's our go-to book in the kitchen!



Please take a moment to vote for us on Picket Fence! It only takes one click!  Thanks!

12 comments:

Bridget Miller said...

Looks great Briana!

Unknown said...

I so badly need to organize my recipes!! Great post!

New follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. =) www.love-and-laundry.blogspot.com

cgammeter said...

Hi Girls. I have 3 sisters, too. I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too.
I've have been meaning to do a book like this but didn't know how to start, now I do. Thank you for sharing.

Michelle Day said...

Love this! I print SO many recipes from blogs and most of the time they get lost and I reprint them. This is the perfect solution. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week.

I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great day.

Michelle

Unknown said...

Followed you over from the Blog Hop. I LOVE this idea, I really need to do this. :)

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor said...

That is so cute! I need to make something like this for my recipes. I have so many loose recipes on my shelf. Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
Jill

ErikaV said...

Very cute, Briana! I NEED to do something like this something serious :) I love all the bright colors. Great job!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Erika from Southern Belle as an Army Wife

Terrie Mathison said...

Great binder!! this is so on my to do list!!

Little City Farm said...

So pretty and so practical too. I have the same problem, forgetting to look through my pile of recipes. Must do this soon - thanks for sharing at our party this week.

SayNotSweetAnne said...

Your recipe book DOES look organized! How pretty- and I've never thought of using the silhouette to make tabs...I'm going to have to save that one for later. Question: what do you do with recipes handed down? I have a lot of vintage recipe cards that have been passed down and an 8.5x11in binder doesn't seem like the best solution for them? if you have the time, I'd love for you to share on Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-4/

Unknown said...

Adorable!! Love it! We are going to feature you this week - stop by and check it out!!

Just: CH said...

Lovely idea, I am getting one together for my 11 yod. I am curious about what font you used for the word "Recipe" though?
Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...