Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cornmeal-Goat Milk Pancakes


Cornmeal- Goat Milk Pancakes

3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Fine Cornmeal
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/4 Cup Goat Milk
2 Eggs

Mix all the dry ingredients. Then gently but thoroughly mix the eggs and goat milk.  Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a hot oiled griddle. Flip once the batter gets bubbles in the center. Cook 1 more min. 
Enjoy with our Homemade Maple Syrup. 

These are actually surprisingly moist and filling. If you don't have any goat milk, regular milk works just as well.

Here is my oldest son milking our goat Ginger. We always squirt the first few squirts on the stanchion   so that any possible dirt in the utters can flush out and not get into the yummy milk. Our dog Jazz LOVES the milk too, as you can see.

7 comments:

Lizzie Barbie said...

MMM, I remember when I was a kid and tried goat milk I thought it was the best milk I've ever had! Thank you so very much for following me back :)

Unknown said...

YUM! We actually make something similar to these with goatsmilk and wheat flour. Thanks for this recipe though because the cornmeal is something I have never used in pancakes but it sounds awesome!
Blessings!
Janiene

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor said...

Those sound yummy. I have never had goat milk before. I am going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
Jill

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Delicious! We had goat milk in the house forever since my son was couldn't do dairy. I love this combination.

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Little City Farm said...

Makes me want to get a goat. They probably don't take up much more room than my dog, do they? Kidding. Thanks for sharing this yummy-looking recipe with our party this week.

Marilyn said...

Yummmmmy.. These look amazing.. What a great recipe.. ;)) Thanks SO much for linking to Pin'Inspirational Thursdays.. xoxo.. LOVE this..

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love cornmeal, but I've never tried gost milk. The pancakes sure look good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...