Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cinder Block Sand Box

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
I have had an excess of cinder blocks around my house and I was getting really sick of them piled up everywhere.  I decided that I will start making them into things.  The first thing that we put together was a sand box for our children.  Let me tell you, they absolutely LOVE it! 
Our yard is an obvious working project, but it is getting better.  My children loved making this sand box especially because on one side they planted some plants inside the cinder blocks.  They love to water the plants and so far they have been really cautious about squishing them.
This morning we even went and bought some sand toys at Walmart and they have been playing in it all morning!  It has been really nice!
Now I am excited to get the rest of the yard going!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute Brooke! What a fun idea!

Kathe said...

What a fun re-use! And how fun for the kids. Love that they take such good care of their flowers :) I'd love it if you shared this at my party going on now at
http://www.kathewithane.com/2012/05/youre-gonna-love-it-tuesday-week-6.html

Terrie R. said...

What a fun idea! Those would make a nice raised garden as well.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Nice way to reuse them! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Michelle Day said...

I love how you planted flowers around the outside edge. Very cute and clever! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

Michelle

Unknown said...

How handy are you? This is a great idea, so big and so pretty with the little flowers surrounding it. So great to see the little ones playing in the sand and creating and building and just being kids:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Have a fun week watching you kiddos play:)

Unknown said...

PS I am now following via bloglovin:)

Stacey said...

That is a very nice way to repurpose something that has few (known) uses! Love that idea and I am sure your kids do, too!
Thanks for linking up this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

I Gotta Try That said...

This looks so nice. I would love for you to share it on my linky party!
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

Unknown said...

What a great way to repurpose something just laying around! And the pics of the kids playing is too cute. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-9.html

Rachel said...

This looks like a fun project. I'm so glad you kids like it so much. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Great use of those old blocks!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Isn't it great to find ways to use what you already have! Your children will surely enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...