Monday, May 7, 2012

Cute Water Bottles and Water Balloons Ice


This was so cute and fun to make for our BBQ party. I bought 2 cases of water bottles and had all my boys take off the labels. Then we bought this cute Butterfly Duct Tape, yes that is Duct Tape, and re-labeled the bottles. Everyone Loved this little detail! 

FYI- 1 roll of Duct Tape covered about 40 water bottles. Not the whole 2 cases, 24 pack.

 For the Water Balloon Ice, we filled up small balloons up with water and froze them in my freezer. I didn't get the actual water balloons cause of their delicate nature to pop easily. Beware, they take up a lot of space in the freezer so make sure you have room. 

FYI- You need to freeze these the day before you use them. I froze these in the morning of our party and they were not all the way frozen.

After the party, the balloons were somewhat melted and the kiddos enjoyed a water balloon fight. This is perfect for hot summer parties! Just make sure you pick up the balloon scraps after the fight. ☺

Please take a moment to vote for us on Picket Fence! It only takes one click!  Thanks!

10 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Great idea! I pinned it for a summer party! Thanks for sharing!

Just Jaime said...

Great idea! I pinned it for a summer party! Thanks for sharing!

Skylar Magazine said...

What a wonderful idea. I didn't realize they made duct tape like that. I'm going to have to look into that. I never thought about using balloons that way either, that's genius.

Love this post!

Sarah
http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

Recipes We Love said...

Found you on gingersnap crafts party. These are cute!

amber
recipeswelove.net

Creative Raisins said...

Such a cool idea.

Lisa said...

I saw this o another blog this week too. I'm on the lookout for some fun duct tape for my son's birthday now!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

So, the duck tape didn't come off in water? How cool! I'm pinning this. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays.

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a cute idea!

Melissa French - The More With Less Mom said...

Thanks for sharing! I linked to this post in my Glow Party series. http://www.morewithlessmom.com/index.php/2014/06/25/diy-glow-party-teen-birthday-rave-food/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...