Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween Costume: Pink Princess

My daughter absolutely loves the color pink!  

So when I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween, she said she wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood after seeing some really cute costumes. Boy, was I surprised!  But, she quickly changed her mind after I told her the story of Little Red Riding Hood.  I was disappointed because I love the color Red and I thought the costume would be sooo cute!

So...we looked at more Halloween costumes and she said that she wanted to be a Princess, a Pink Princess.  Now that sounds more like my girl.  I thought maybe the pink phase wore off, but I was wrong.


Now this was a no sew costume, for the most part.  I added some flowers and I hand stitched those on, but it wasn't necessary.  And I suppose gluing the flowers would have been faster, but I added a small pearl to the center of each flower and quickly stitched it on.


I used 5 yards of light pink tulle and 5 yards of white tulle.  I cut the tulle into 6 inch strips  and then tied a knot around a "waffle" headband that I used for the bodice.  The sleeves were also made of tulle.  I just took two strips and stuck it through the tulle and wrapped it around the bodice and then tied the ends at each side (under her arms) so the sleeves are adjustable.

Easy enough and absolutely darling!  Now all she needs is a crown and we are good to go!

Briana

12 comments:

Babblings and More said...

SO Cute! She makes such a pretty princess!

Isobel Morrell said...

So what little girl doesn't love Pink? Maybe you should have made the costume and got her to wear it - and then told her the Red Riding Hood story? Or, maybe, you've got next year's costume already "in the bag"?

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful ! I would love to make it when my daughter gets big enough! Thanks for sharing !

www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

The Domesticated Princess said...

This costume and your daughter are both precious! That's a lot of tulle, but you pulled it off so well. My daughter would love this costume.

Unknown said...

So beautiful!
Kelly,
Smart! School {House}
www.smartschoolhouse.com

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, I love that it's a no sew project. I never have time to sew.

Dee said...

Briana, This is SUPER CUTE!!! I only wish my girl was 5 and not almost 17! Maybe I could adapt it to a teen size!
-Deena
www.winkerdoodles.com

ibshell said...

First of all, you have an ADORABLE model!! But I just wanted to say that I have been working on my girl's princess costumes all day and love how easy yours is. Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Donna @ onceuponasewingmachine.com

Tiffany Leigh said...

I love this! What an adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing.

Rasmussen Family said...

gorgeous! she is so beautiful. no sew costumes are so fabulous:) have a great week

Jill said...

Gorgeous costume and such beautiful photos too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...