Thursday, October 4, 2012

Adventures of D and V: Apple Cinnamon Chip Muffins

We are starting our guest posting on Fall Crafts and Recipes.  Our first post will be from Veronica.  She will be sharing some delicious Apple Cinnamon Chip Muffins.  But first lets take a minute to find out a little about Veronica. 

*******************************************


Hi there! I'm Veronica (the "V" in Adventures of D and V) and I am beyond thrilled to be sharing a yummy fall recipe with all of you Babblings and More readers today! 

A bit about me and my blog: The "D" is for Daniel, my amazingly wonderful husband of almost 3 years and my best friend. Our lives have been one adventure after another since we met. 


(The best day of our adventure thus far, our wedding day!)
Together we are pretty much the ultimate DIYers.
From cooking to crafting to home renovation,
we like to do things ourselves!

At the moment we have undertaken the huge task of finishing our basement.
Well, not JUST finishing...
Take a look {HERE} for more details on our Operation: Finish Basement project.
(You are totally going to think we are crazy...and you will be a little bit right!)
I just finished a month long adventure in encouragement
and now I am starting an adventure in photography this month with a Fall Photo link party!  
An on-going adventure in our house is learning how to cook gluten free.

About a year ago my hubby discovered that his tummy felt much better when he stayed away from gluten. Suddenly, all of the waffles, muffins, pizza, pasta (and more) that I enjoyed making so much were no longer on the menu. Instead I began to learn how to cook with ingredients like tapioca starch and xanthan gum. (The recipe I am sharing today can be made either way - gluten free or with regular flour.)
Last week I stumbled upon these little treats while at the grocery store...


Have you seen these?! They are little cinnamon chips and they are prefect for muffins and cookies and according to the Hershey website - they are gluten free! 
I placed a bag in my cart and started thinking of different recipes to use them in.
 I settled on making some


Here is what you need to make these tasty fall treats!

Ingredients:
1 medium apple (pealed, cored and chopped into small pieces)
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/4 c. apple cider (you could substitute apple juice or just add some extra milk)
2 T. maple syrup (not the Mrs. Buttersworth kind, the real stuff!)
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. tapioca starch*
1/3 c. corn starch*
2/3 c. white rice flour*
1/3 c. brown rice flour* 
1/2 t. xanthan gum*
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. all spice
1/2 c. cinnamon chips
* If you would like to use regular flour, omit the ingredients with the (*) and add 1 2/3 c. flour. 

Before you start - Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Step 1:  Peel and chop apple and mix all wet ingredients together with the apple bits.
Step 2: Mix well all dry ingredients together.
Step 3: Combine wet and dry ingredients and add cinnamon chips.
Step 4: Spoon mixture into greased or paper lined muffin cups.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden brown. 


A super simple fall breakfast or snack! 

For a list of my gluten free recipes you can click {here}.
What is your favorite fall recipe?

***************************************

Thanks Veronica!  I will definitely be trying these muffins!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy!!! I love fall for all the great apple recipes:)

Jillian Carreira said...

My daughter would love this. She loves anything with apples.
Jillian

Stephanie said...

Sounds delish--I've never seen cinnamon chips before!?

Bridget Miller said...

Ah, I love cinnamon chips! I had them a few years ago in oatmeal cookies and they were so yummy! But I havent been able to find them since. Hopefully I can find them this year! Thank you for the recipe. It looks yummy!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great post Veronica and those muffins sound delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...