Monday, September 10, 2012

Peaches and Cream French Toast

I came across this recipe in an advertisement ad for canned fruit in the All You magazine.  It just looked so good that I had to try it and I am so glad I did!  I modified it just a bit. The recipe is so yummy!  And my kids loved it!


Peaches and Cream French Toast

Ingredients:
1 - 8oz loaf French Bread
8 eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 - 15oz cans of sliced peaches, drained
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Whipped cream (opt)

Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray. Arrange sliced bread along the bottom of the pan.

In large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until well blended.  Pour over bread.  Arrange peaches on top and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Cover tightly and and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes before baking.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake until lightly brown on top and cooked through, for about 45 to 55 minutes.  Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.  Top with whipped cream.

Briana


5 comments:

Just Jaime said...

I loooove peaches and cream! This sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

Cute blog, and your dessert looks so good!

Love for you to link this recipe (and a couple others if you'd like!) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com. Hope to see you there!

Jessica @ At Home Take 2

Julie said...

I love peaches and french toast and cream--sounds wonderful together :) Also a new follower. Would love you to come over too!

The Farm Girl
thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com

Ladies Holiday said...

Great idea to bake instead of fry...and I often add apples to it because of the cinnamon connection, but never thought of peaches. Divine! Saying Hi from Mom on A Time Out Hop...I host Photo Friday Link Party, I'd love to have you link up this or any other original photo from your blog. Happy Hopping!

annies home said...

oh so yummy I often like treats like this in the evening as well thanks for sharing come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...