Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homemade Baby Food

  I have had a overload of squash from our garden.  There is NO way I could possibly eat it all of it.  So I decided to make some baby food and freeze it for later.
I first cut all of the squash in half and baked it until it was soft.  I bake it at 350 degrees for about one hour.
I let it cool down then I scraped out the squash on the inside and put it in a bowl.  Then I blended it all up with a hand blender.
 Then you just fill up whatever containers you would like to use and stick them in the freezer.
I got the little containers at Walmart.  They were about 6 for $1.
  That's it!
Brooke

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Boiled carrot and swede (rutabaga) with butter is lovely as is broccoli with a cheese sauce whizzed together.

Unknown said...

Nice! I made my own baby food this time around, too. That's so cool that you made all of that for just a couple dollars! I don't have a garden, so I at least had to buy the veggies. I actually ended up freezing them in ice cube trays, then popping the frozen cubes out and storing them in a ziplock bag. Maybe one of these days I'll have room for a garden to grow my own veggies :)

Simplee Sue said...

You know most of us don't eat out of cans every day so why do we feed out precious babies out of jars everyday? This is so easy. thank you.

sadf said...

How I wish I had one of those imersion blenders!
I have made almost all of my son's baby food, to help with the budget. I did it how Christine described - ice cube trays and ziploc bags. It helps with making lots of fun combos.
I am jealous of your fruitful garden, I hope to grow my own food for baby next time around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...