Wednesday, March 28, 2012

BillionClicks.org

A couple of weeks ago, all of us sisters went to the Time Out for Women in Albuquerque, NM.  I posted about it last week.  We had so much fun!  There are so many speakers that I absolutely loved, in fact, I loved them all!  I just wanted to take the time to talk about Hilary Weeks and a project that she is doing right now called BillionClicks.org.   


I think that this is such an excellent program that I shared it with my family for Family Home Evening Monday night.  For those of you who don't know, every Monday night we gather together as a family and spend time together.  We sing, have a lesson, activity, pray and always end with a treat!  Anyways, my older kids knew that I had something special to share with them all week and they knew that it involved a clicker and they were so excited about it!

I shared this video with my family.


And then I explained that I have a clicker that each person will take for a day and will "click" their positive thoughts onto.  We will then record our "clicks" onto BillionClicks.org.  They were all so excited!  The only problem is that I only had one clicker and they all wanted to go first.  So we had to come up with a rotation schedule and these boys are really clicking away!

Next week at Family Home Evening we are going to discuss the difference  that clicking made in our personal lives and the difference in our home this experiment makes.  I really think that this was an inspired program that will aim our focus onto the positive things in life.  There are so many distractions in life that can get us down and make us feel useless and worthless.  But with all of the blessings and opportunities that come our way everyday, it's important to acknowledge and focus on the positive things. 

Hilary Weeks and our Sisterhood!

So go ahead and CLICK away!


Don't forget to vote for us on Picket Fence!

4 comments:

Just Jaime said...

I love this idea. I totally want to do it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very useful blog. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...