Monday, March 5, 2012

Boy Scout Cake Decorating Contest

A few weeks ago, we had Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts.  
The theme of the night was Native Americans.


There was a cake decorating contest. This is the cake that my boys decorated.  They helped me bake the cake and make the frosting, but they designed and decorated the cake by themselves .  I thought they did a pretty good job!  

They used Kit Kat bars along the side of the cake.  Pretzels were used for the campfire along with some orange fondant.  Twix bars were used for the logs around the campfire.  A waffle cone and bowl were used for the hogan and tepee.  Pretty creative boys!  :)  In fact, they won a ribbon for the "Best Overall Theme"


Click to vote for us on the Fence!  Thanks!


2 comments:

Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...

That's a great cake. I would definitely have given them a ribbon for creativity and I'm sure it was delicious. Love those kit kat bars. Go Boyscouts!

Just Jaime said...

I love the idea of decorating cakes for a Blue and Gold banquet! Your boys did such a good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...