Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Homemade Granola

I absolutely LOVE granola!  The only problem with it is that is gets pretty pricey!  Here is a granola recipe that I have been making for a while now and it goes GREAT with our Homemade Yogurt Recipe!  Another great thing about making your own granola is you can take away or substitute ingredients like Almonds for Walnuts, Cranberries for Raisins etc...

Homemade Granola

Ingredients:
6 Cups Rolled Oats
2 Cups Almonds
2 Cups Sunflower Seeds
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Cranberries

Directions:
Heat oven to 250 Degrees. 
In a large bowl mix the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut.
In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, syrup, oil and salt.
Combine both mixtures (make sure the oats are all coated).  Pour onto 2 greased cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Stir the mixture every 30 minutes while baking.  Remove from oven and add the cranberries when oats are cooled.  
Enjoy!



Don't forget to vote for us on Picket Fence!

2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Yum! This looks so tasty. I've just started making my own granola and I love it! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Martha said...

I was just thinking today that I need to make more granola :) sounds yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...