Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mother Goose Popcorn

2 C. sugar
2 Tbs. butter
3/4 C. milk
6 qts. Popped Corn
food coloring
Opt. Favorite Candy Oil or Essential Oil like peppermint

Mix sugar, butter, and milk- cook to a firm soft-ball stage*. (See Note at the bottom) Once you reach the stage, add your choice of food coloring. Add sauce to the popcorn. Be careful, it is HOT! - mix well. Let cool on cookie sheet. Can roll into balls. Store in an air tight container.


This is my moms recipe that we had growing up. It is so fun to eat and easy to make. You can change to color for different occasions. Fun stuff!

*Firm soft-ball stage- get a small cup and fill it with cool water. Then take a spoonful of the sauce and drop a small drop into the water. At this stage, the drop should hold its shape and make a little soft ball. Aprox. 230 degrees if you have a candy thermometer.

Vote for us on Picket Fence!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Oh yum!!!! It looks delicious!

Thanks for joining the Show Some Love Linky Follower Fest Blog Hop!!!
I'm your newest follower!

Christine
thediydreamer.blogspot.com

Just Jaime said...

So why is it called Mother Goose popcorn? Looks tasty, I love popcorn!

Shiloh said...

This looks yummy! I love popcorn variations!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

How fun! I am seriously thinking about starting a popcorn pinboard. Why is it called Mother Goose Popcorn? Thanks so much for linking to Handmade Tuesdays.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh yum, I love popcorn!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why it's called Mother Goose Popcorn. It's what our Mom always called it. I'm going to have to ask her...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...