Thursday, March 28, 2013

April Fool's Day Cupcakes

I was recently going through some of the pictures on my computer, and I found these pictures that I took of some cupcakes that I made for my family for April Fool's Day.  

When I made these, I had my youngest son at home with me during the day along with my two daughters (one being only 2 months old).  I miss those days when my kids were young and spent time with me before starting Kindergarten.  The time just passes way too fast!  They loved making these and showing them to my boys who attended school.  They couldn't wait for them to come home!


The cupcakes were rather time consuming, but lots of fun!  We made spaghetti and meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and carrots, and corn.  Sorry about the poor quality of pictures, but you will get the point.  :)

Items needed:
Cupcakes
Frosting
Skittles
Starbursts
Caramel
Ferrero Rocher Chocolates Balls
Strawberry Jam


Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
I added a little bit a yellow food coloring to the frosting and piped it out to make the noodles.  Place the Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Balls on top of the noodles to make the meatball.  Mix some of the jam with water and pour on top of the meatball.  You could sprinkle white chocolate shavings on top for cheese if you so desire.

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Frost cupcakes to look like mashed potatoes.  Place a starburst in the middle of the potatoes for the butter.  Pour caramel on top for the gravy.

Peas and Carrots
Frost cupcake.  Take green skittles for the peas and cut up orange starbursts into quarters for the carrots and place onto the cupcake. 

Corn
Frost cupcake.  Place yellow skittles onto the cupcake.  If desired, you can place a yellow starburst on as well for butter.


Some of my kids were hesitant to eat the cupcakes because they thought they were the real thing!  But once they got brave enough to try them, they said they were really good!
In fact, they still talk about those cupcakes today, and I made them years ago!


Briana

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes look fantastic! They are so fun and perfect for April Fool's Day :)
xoxo
Suzanne
www.writtenbysuzanne.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...