Monday, February 18, 2013

Zigzags and Stripes Quilt

My son has been wanting a new quilt for a while now.  He even had the fabric picked out: Riley Blake Super Star.  It has a great mixture of blues, oranges and browns.  And absolutely perfect for a boy!  Sometimes it's hard to find cute fabric for boys, but we both loved it!


So I bought the fabric without him knowing and I worked on the quilt while he was at school and then hid everything before he came home.  It was actually quite difficult to hide everything because he is such an observant child! I wanted to have it done to give it to him for Christmas.  I also made another quilt for one of my other sons for Christmas using jeans.  You can see that post here.

So this is the quilt that I came up with. I didn't have a pattern, but just went with the flow! I bought a charm pack and then some yardage.  I didn't have quite enough fabric to make a twin size quilt for his bed, so I bought some solid navy blue fabric for the stripes and the back of the quilt.


I machine quilted it as well with my walking foot.  I used white thread and it provided a contrast for the back of the quilt. 

I'm not the best quilter and I'm definitely not a perfectionist when it comes to quilting, but my son absolutely loved it!  You should have seen his face, he wasn't even expecting it and that was the best part!

Briana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colour combination! Such a cute pattern :)

xoxo
Suzanne
www.writtenbysuzanne.com

Strictly Sewing said...

Neat design!

Strictly Sewing said...

Neat design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...