Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hot Chocolate Cookies


Once a week I get in the cookie making mode and crave the aroma that fills my home when I bake fresh cookies. I have my go-to recipes that are always great, but I also love to experiment.  For Christmas I made a whole bunch of Homemade Hot Chocolate (recipe on the way in a later post). I still have a whole bunch left, so I decided to add it to some cookies along with chocolate chunks, and mini marshmallows, which you are now able to find in some grocery stores. If you can't find them locally, you can get them on Amazon. I provided a link below for connivence.
These turned out very soft and chewy, a new recipe to add to my go-to list! 

Hot Chocolate Cookies

1 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup White Sugar
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3 cups Flour
1 cup Homemade Hot Chocolate or
(4 packages instant cocoa (don’t use sugar free))
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 
1 cup Mini Marshmallow Bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Whip in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, hot cocoa mix, baking soda and baking powder. Add in flour mixture to butter mixture until well combined. Fold in mallow bits and chocolate chips.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the dough and shape into a ball. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 9 – 11 minutes until edges are lightly browned.

Bridget

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...