Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cropped Jean Jacket Refashion

I have been wanting to buy a Cropped Jean Jacket for a while now.  The problem is I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on a jacket.  I decided to make my own.  So, I stopped at Goodwill and picked up a Jean Jacket to make my own cropped jacket.
Here is the cropped jacket after I finished it....


This was seriously SO easy!  A whole lot easier than I thought it would be!  
Here is the jacket I picked up...  I got it for $8.00

This is the jacket that I wanted- Jessica Simpson's Cropped Jean Jacket at Dillard's for $54.00

  I started to take it apart.  I took off the very bottom hem of the jacket with a seam ripper.

When the hem was completely off, I cut the jacket to the length that I wanted.  As you can see in the first picture, there is a button on the hem.  I wanted the buttons to line up, so I cut the jacket at the 4th button (if that makes sense.)


Then I pinned the hem back on the jacket and stitched it back to the jacket.
Here is the finished product...
Only $8.00 


I absolutely LOVE how the jacket turned out!  I actually like it better than the jacket that I wanted to buy!
Here is a picture me wearing the jacket.  I wish I would have know how easy it was, I would have made one a LONG time ago!



Please take a moment to vote for us on Picket Fence! It only takes one click!  Thanks!

24 comments:

Angela said...

I freaking LOVE it! You did a great job now I'm going to have to give this a shot!Thanks for the tip!

Angela said...

I freakin love this! Thanks so much for the tip! I'm going to have to make a trip to our Goodwill & get me one :)

Abby said...

Awesome job! That is so cute!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I am in love with the cropped denim jacket look for spring! It looks so cute over a dress! You did a fabulous job creating yours!

Thanks for stopping by Theresa’s Mixed Nuts

Following you in LF and GFC :)
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Emily Weinzapfel said...

What a great project! :) Thanks for sharing!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

This is adorable! I think I'm going to have to make one now! Thanks for stopping by and following along with me! Following you too!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

That turned out great! I love it when you can take something you want, and make it from something you have... nice job!

Happily following back from the blog hop!

Tranae said...

I love this. Great outfit. I love white with blue jeans

Katie said...

you did such a great job! I'm impressed and love how it turned out!

Little City Farm said...

Hey, that is fabulous. I would never have thought it could be that easy either, but you totally pulled it off. $8 or $54 - no brainer. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Papemelroti Shop Blog said...

What a nice idea! Economical way to be in fashion! :)

Christine Jargick - JPEG Apothecary said...

Wow! It doesn't look upcycled at all. You did a really great job on it.

mrslauralynn said...

Looks great!! I'm following :)

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

This turned out amazing! Did you have trouble stitching through all the denim?

Thanks for linking up at What's Cluckin!

Kimberly T. said...

That is so cool! That looks so cute!

Kristin said...

Wow beautiful job!

PC said...

This is so awesome and looks pretty easy too! Must add into my to do list!

Shiloh said...

That is a fantastic idea! Do you feel like you needed to adjust any darts etc? I love it:)

Rachel said...

Amazing job! I'm going to be keeping an eye out for a jean jacket I can transform. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How about you sew for me and I make wreaths for you? HA HA! Love it girl. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

Heidi said...

Turned out great!! Thank you for linking up at {junk in their Trunk}, this is being featured today!

blissfulsewing said...

This is such a great idea, thanks for sharing!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

pazitinas said...

ciertamente es mucho mas bonita la tuya . felicidades.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...