Monday, March 19, 2012

Burlap Music Picture

I made this picture about 14 years ago at an Enrichment Night Activity before I was married.  It has been hanging up in every house that I have lived in ever since.  Music is a big part of my life, so I have really loved this picture. 

 I haven't done anything to it until about a month ago, I painted the picture black and I love it!  I think it brings out the black in the music. And I think it looks so much better!  The frame was just a natural brown wood before.


So this was really easy to make!  We had this song printed off on a transparency type paper.  This song is found in the LDS Children's Hymn Book.   For the background, behind the song, I used burlap.  I taped the transparency and burlap to the mat and you're done!


I usually hang this up by my piano.  It's easy and beautiful!


Be sure to remember to vote for us on Picket Fence!  It just takes one click!

13 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Great idea for art, especially by the piano. Love the black painted frame!

Honey and Me said...

This is such a neat idea! I love it! Simple and classic! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower from Talented Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee...hope you'll follow me back to the Little Shack on the Hill!

Simply Tasheena said...

This is such a great idea. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

This has a very classic look to it! I love it! Saw you at Fireflies and Jellybeans. Nice job!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Beautiful -- I was waiting to hear just HOW you printed ON burlap -- LOL! This is genius!

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :) new follower!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Brilliant... I too was waiting to see what amazing printer could handle burlap! :)

Jill said...

Lovely picture!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a great art project!

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

Just lovely! I love printed music too! Great idea to frame it....new follower!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

You won the Target gift card from last week's Thrifty Thursday! Can you email me your mailing address?

Congrats! :)

Kimberly T. said...

That is so cool and so easy!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before, I have a Family Proclamation done the same way, although not with burlap. That is so cute, I'm making one for my living room/piano room very soon as that room is getting a mini makeover. Thank you!!

Kimberly T. said...

That is so cool and so easy!! I can't believe I didn't think of that before, I have a Family Proclamation done the same way, although not with burlap. That is so cute, I'm making one for my living room/piano room very soon as that room is getting a mini makeover. Thank you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...