Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pineapple Chicken

I made this for dinner yesterday and my family loved it!  It was so simple and such an easy crockpot meal.  In fact, my older boys went into the kitchen and finished up the rest of the leftovers before bed!  That's a good sign, isn't it?


 
Pineapple Chicken 
 
 Ingredients
3 to 4 pounds of chicken
1 bottle of Catalina dressing
1 cup apricot preserves
1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
1 can Pineapples
1 can Water chestnuts
 
Combine the chicken, dressing, preserves and soup mix into the crockpot.  Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours or on low for about 6 to 8 hours.  About 30 minutes before serving, chop up the pineapples and water chestnuts and add to the chicken.  Save the juice from the pineapples just in case you need to add it to the mixture.  I ended up adding about half of the juice.
 
Serve with rice and top with green onions if desired.
 
Enjoy!  
   
 
Briana

2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Sounds delish! I love pineapple!

Brooke Kenny said...

That sounds SO yummy and the recipe seems so easy!! My kind of meal!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...