Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade Peppermint Oreos

Who doesn't love a good cookie? Yesterday my daughter and I decided to make some cookies.  She is three years old and loves to make cookies for her 5 older brothers.  Everyday I ask her what she wants to do and she always says, "Make cookies for the boys!"  Funny girl!

So we decided to use the bag of peppermint baking chips that I had in my freezer.  This is what we came up with...


They are so yummy and not too "pepperminty".  My husband isn't a fan of peppermint, but I am!  So this was just the right balance.  I didn't use any peppermint extract, just the baking chips.

If you remember, I posted a recipe for Homemade Oreos earlier this year.  This is a fun and easy twist on that recipe.

To tell you the truth, I didn't have a cake mix that I used for my original homemade oreos, so I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and added 6 TBS of Cocoa Powder and eliminated the chocolate chips.

This is the recipe that I used for the filling.

Filling:
1 - 8 ounce package of softened Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Shortening
Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla 
1 cup of peppermint baking chips

Mix together Cream Cheese and Shortening until smooth.  Add powdered sugar  and vanilla until you reach a spreading consistency.  Mix in about 3/4 cup of peppermint chips.  You may add food coloring if desired.  Put in between 2 cooled cookies.  Use the rest of the baking chips to roll around the cookies. Enjoy!

Briana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home-made oreo's are the best! Hands down! These are looking mighty fine as well :)

Unknown said...

look soooooo good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...