Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Circus Breakfast

I was feeling a little experimental this morning and wanted to make breakfast fun. I have a waffle maker that I got from Amazon that makes theses cute little circus animals of a giraffe, elephant, and monkey. My boys love them! So I added sprinkles to the waffle mix and whipped up some Watermelon Syrup. It was delicious! I always make homemade maple syrup so watermelon was a fun twist. I put it in little glass bowls that I got at the dollar store cause the boys love dipping the animals in it. 
Watermelon Syrup
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp Watermelon Candy Oil

Put all the ingredients in a large pot, except the watermelon oil. Turn the stove on high and watch it get hot. The mixture will be cloudy when it is at a slow boil. Once it turns clear (it will be at in instant) it is done! Then add the Watermelon (or any other flavor) Oil to the syrup. 
Enjoy!


Here is the Waffle Maker that I used.


This is my favorite Waffle Mix!


Here is the Watermelon Flavoring. I also sell it in my Etsy shop HERE!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...