Monday, June 4, 2012

Monster Pillows

My son found some cute stuffed monsters on Pinterest a few months ago.  And he has been talking about them ever since.  I tried to find the etsy shop that sold them, but I couldn't find them.  I don't think she makes them anymore.
 (A reader just commented and shared with me the name of the shop that sold the monsters.  She doesn't have any listed right now, but she may in the future.  Her shop is called Little Bit Funky.  She is really creative and has some really cute items!)


In fact, my son (who was 9 years old at the time) loved these monsters so much that he made a few for his brothers and sisters and gave them as presents.  He made them all by himself and did a really good job!  

He made these little ones:


So for his birthday, the only thing that he wanted was a monster for himself.  
I decided to make a bigger one and surprise him!


The front has a pocket and I sewed on the letter C, since that is the first letter of his name.  
(Since his birthday, my other son begged for one, so I had to make another monster with the letter A. I am also in the process of making one with a D.)

You should have seen his face when he opened his present!  He was so excited and carried that monster everywhere!  I think he even took it to school to show his friends.  Now the kids at school want one!  :)


This monster has been everywhere, even camping!  My boys love them, because they use them in the car on long trips as a pillow.


So now, I have more monsters to make... I better get busy!


30 comments:

Just Jaime said...

So cute! What kid doesn't love a monster!

Unknown said...

very cute!!! monsters everywhere! :)

Jennifer Salter said...

Cute beyond words! And totally inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!

Erika said...

How sweet that he made them himself! And at nine years old--you have taught him well.

I featured one of your posts in today's It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising.

Erika

Amber *SaltTree Creative* said...

Adorable! I'd love for you to link this up at my party going on now, http://www.salttree.net/2012/06/open-call-tuesdays-7-giveaway.html

Winnie said...

These are super cute!

Unknown said...

What an adorable sharing little boy:) He does so deserve a big monster of his very own:) These guys are just too cute (and scary:)) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Hope you have a fabulous week!

Stacey said...

Those are really cute and super fun!
Thanks for linking up!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Rachel said...

These are so cute! I love that you son made some himself. Sounds like a good summer project for my kids. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Oh Mandie said...

Oh how wonderfully sweet! I bet my little guys would love a furry monster to carry around and love as well. Thank you for the wonderful idea :)

Wendy said...

How sweet! And what a great idea for boys as they're so hard to sew for

Margaux said...

These are so great and completely unique! New follower from Southern Lovely.

Elise Engh said...

So cute! That is so sweet that your son made monster pillows for others too. Nice kid!

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Christine said...

OMG!!! He made some?! They are ADORABLE!! I love the big one you made!

I do hope you are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! :)

Karla said...

OMG these are so cute. I love this type of thing. How adorable is it that your son made his own as presents?! That is too TOO cute.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Very adorable- love the fabric choices! Thanks for linking up today!

Unknown said...

These are so super-cute! I love monster dolls, they just turned out fabulous :)

Hugs, Tanya

Hani said...

How adorable.. Love the monsters family.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party

Maria said...

Awww these are adorable!!!! Love this idea! Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Hi there. The shop that sold the hoho monsters was Little Bit Funky on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlebitfunky). She doesn't have any listed right now, but I just wanted to give her credit. Have a great day!!

Unknown said...

It is so sweet your son made some monsters! All of them are too cute. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Gosh, who knew monsters could be so cute!

Unknown said...

These are cute, I love the fabrics!

Tamika @ www.notimefortea.com

Jill said...

What cute monsters! And so great that your son could make some himself too!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Ruth @ atnumber29 said...

have just seen these featured at Salt Tree. soooooooooo cute and so very original. I love them!

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

Love these little guys!! Thanks for sharing at Homemade By You! I will be featured them tonight! I hope to see you at the party again!

Carrie said...

So cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Katie said...

Those are so fun!

Unknown said...

These are so great...I love that he made some by himself too! Adorable. My little man would love something like that too. So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...