Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Love FREE!

A few weeks ago on my way home from picking up my boys from school, I noticed this cute bench and a matching chair on the side of the road a few houses down from mine.  I think that I almost came to a screeching stop and put my van into reverse.  Now this was probably quite the site to see because I drive a 15 passenger van!  


Anyway, there was a man outside and they were in the process of moving.  I asked if he was getting rid of the benches and he said that he was going to take them to the dump if no one wanted them!  I quickly said that I would take them.  He kindly helped me load them into the van and we were off.  The benches need a little attention.  There are a few loose boards and it needs a new coat of paint, but I'm so excited!  Wouldn't they look so cute outside with a few pillows?  Now for the big question...

Should I keep them white, or paint them a fun color?

11 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Fun color! I'd say something that won't show the dirt so much!

Stephanie said...

I vote fun color, especially outside!

Stephanie said...

I vote fun color, especially outside!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

That is a GREAT find! I have been looking for something similar. I guess color would depend on where you want to put it when it's finished. I want one for my front porch that I would stain an espresso color. But if I had it on my deck, I would go with a more fun color.

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Unknown said...

Oh! I love these kinds of finds! Free is always the best! I would paint them a fun color and add some cute pillows! Can't wait to see them finished!

Danielle
http://bellaella2121.blogspot.com/

Bridget Miller said...

Turquoise with polka dots!

Jillian Carreira said...

Summer is here... add a splash of colour (yellow) ... find a cosy spot in the garden where it would be surrounded by green and enjoy.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

Either one would be great. Why don't *I* find those kinds of deals?!

Unknown said...

What a great find!

Katherines Corner said...

fun color, how about a pretty aqua? xo

Unknown said...

A fun color for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...