Thursday, February 16, 2012

Homemade Whey Honey Oat Bread


About 2 weeks ago, I posted a Homemade Yogurt recipe.  After you are done making the yogurt- you have a couple cups of WHEY leftover.  Here is a bread recipe that I use the Whey in.  It is super good and it makes the breads texture amazing!

Whey Honey Oat Bread

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups Warm Whey (if you do not have that much whey, just add enough water to make 3 1/2 cups)
1 Tbsp Yeast
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Oil
1 tsp Salt
2 cups Oats
6 cups Flour

Directions:
Put warm whey, honey and yeast in a large mixer and let sit until yeast begins to grow or bubble.  Add oil and salt, then mix.  Add oats and flour- one cup at a time until all mixed in.  Let it knead in your mixture for about 5-10 minutes.  Dump out on a well greased or floured counter top.  Note- the dough will be sticky.  Form into 2-3 loaves.  (I like making 3 smaller loaves- see in picture).  Let rise until double or tripled in size (about 1-1 1/2 hours).  Heat oven to 350 and bake for 25 minutes.

Don't forget to vote for us on Picket Fence!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have liked you on FB. I love the skirt giveaway but I have a houseful of boys :( Hopefully they'll produce me a girl one day :)

Deana said...

What a pretty loaf of bread!

Simply Tasheena said...

This looks devine! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via:ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

sounds like a great bread, may have to try making yogurt so we can make this.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Really sounds like a great bread. Did you get a new banner, or is it my new glasses? Looks pretty either way. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

Unknown said...

Cathy-Thanks for being a loyal follower! We put a new banner up a month or so ago... :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

This looks sooo good!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I've never made bread before but this looks doable!! Happy to have you at Things I've Done Thursday! www.bearrabbitbear.com

Maria said...

Hi, I was wondering about the oats, are they the quick cooking kind or old fashioned? Does it matter? Thank you for the help! I'm excited to try this recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...