Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blue Framed Chalkboard

I found this picture in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby for $4!  So I bought two of them! 
I knew exactly what I wanted to do to it...

Make it into a chalkboard for my boys room.

Here are the results of the first frame...

Here is the before picture:

And here is the after:

It was a fairly easy process.  I took apart the frame and flipped the "Dream" picture around and spray painted the back of the picture with Chalkboard Spray Paint from Krylon.  I did about 3 coats of paint.

We used blue spray paint, also from Krylon, to paint the frame.  I did a couple coats as well.  Then 
I took sandpaper and distressed the frame a little. 


I'm loving the way it looks!  And I really like the blue paint.  My boys picked out the color and I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I think it looks fantastic!  I was tempted to put it in my kitchen to write our weekly menu on, but the boys were too excited to use it.  I still have that other frame though..  :)



Don't forget to vote on Picket Fence! It just takes one click.



9 comments:

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Love the Electric Blue! It's very BOLD!

Anonymous said...

Love the blue chalkboard! Looks great!!

Just Jaime said...

Great job distressing! Off to vote for you now!

Unknown said...

Love the distressing! It adds a little bit of interest to the blue frame.

candy's clothes closet said...

I am so into chalk boards right now:) I love the Krylon spray paints. You got a great deal and did a great job! Stay Fashionable!
Love,Candy
www.candysclothescloset.blogspot.com

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

This is wonderful! Such rich color! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-lucky-13.html

Hugs,

Kathy

Makaila said...

GENIOUS! I love that you bought the art with repurposing on the mind.. I need to get better at thinking that way. Love the blue you choose!

Kathryn Pepper said...

What an awesome idea! And chalkboard is so hot right now :) Thanks for sharing at Cutesy Monday!

XO! Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Great way to recycle a thrifty find! Very cute in bright blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...