Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Blocks

Here are some Christmas blocks that I made with my boys for Christmas Presents. They had so much fun putting these characters to life. We made a Christmas Tree, Santa, and Snowman out of 4x4 posts.
I had my husband cut the 4x4 post
2 1/2 in for the head,
4 1/2 in for the torso
and 6 1/2 in for the base.
You will also need:
Red, green, and white paint
And Black and Orange, Yellow (for the Snowman and Santa)
Random sizes and color buttons
White Feather Boa (for Santas Beard)

Heres the Christmas Tree which was the easiest to make out of the 3. All I did was paint the blocks green then sanded the edges. Then I hot glued on some of my colorful buttons all over the place. For the star I glued a wooden star that you can get at craft stores or a small ribbon at the top.

Heres the Snowman which I painted white then sanded the edges again. I painted the eyes and smile "rocks" with black paint with a Qtip. Then the nose just a triangle with orange paint.
For the torso I glued on 3 buttons.

Heres the Santa which I painted red. I then sanded the edges and the face 3/4 of the way off just on one side. I got a Qtip again and dabbed white paint on top for the cap. Then I painted on just eyes and a nose with black paint with a fine tip paint brush.
For the beard I cut the White Feather Boa 4 inches long. Then, hot glued it onto the face just in a U shape on the checks. That way it droops down the torso.
Then on the torso block I painted a belt with black and yellow paint.

There they are.
Merry Christmas!
Vote for us DAILY!

21 comments:

cathy@my1929charmer said...

So cute, you and your boys did a really good job. Love the beard on the Santa, makes you want to tug! Happy Holidays!

Susan Case said...

You have an amazing blog! Just hopping around today. Hope you'll visit my Kindergarten blog with tips for preschoolers and Kinders. Merry Christmas!! I'm LDS too.

Tenille said...

I love these. Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.
http://www.junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-it-up-wednesday-8.html

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

not sure if my comment went through but this is SO darn cute!! I LOVE IT!! VERY creative!!!

My Duong said...

Your blocks are so unique and absolutely adorable! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

these are so stinking cute! santa's beard is awesome. I'd love you to add these to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found you through a blog hop. I wish I would have seen these blocks before now. I love this idea! Very creative.
Merry Christmas

Mindie Hilton said...

Love these! Merry Christmas :)

Vanessa Scott said...

These are so cute! I love the present blocks with the buttons on them. I need to make some decorations that my kids can play with too. I like this idea.

I found you through the Thursday Hop. I would love for you to visit and follow me back at http://cooperave.blogspot.com

Vanessa

Shiloh said...

Super cute! They look like a great project to do with kids. And fun for kids to play with.:)

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

These are adorable! I really love the snowmen. I wish I had a saw that would cut 4x4s!

I'm a new follower via Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

I'm cohosting a Link party this week at my blog Chickenscratchny.blogspot.com I would love it if you would stop by and link up!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! And hey!, look at that!!!! We are like two peas in a pod my friends! (well make that 8 peas in a pod!) Thats so awesome!!!!!

Katherines Corner said...

These are so sweet!thank you for sharing and for linking to Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop at Katherines Corner. Merry Christmas Hugs!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

How cute! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday! Merry Christmas!

Melanie
www.bearrabbitbear.com

Casandra said...

These blocks are adorable! Will pin them for next year's christmas craft to do list. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

What a lovely idea! The feather boa for Santa's beard is very cute! Most ingenious!!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Best wishes for a fabulous New Year 2012!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

Way cute idea!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

These are adorable!

annies home said...

love your christmas characters come see what I shared on my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2011/12/deer-day-and-recipe.html

Emmy said...

So cute!!

Jami said...

What lucky friends you have! These are perfect gifts...ADORABLE! So happy to have you link up to the Tuesday To Do Party at The Blackberry Vine!
Happy New Year!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...