Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Old-Fashion Candy Dispenser

About 2 weeks ago we had the great opportunity to guest post at Sugar Bee Crafts!  We wanted to share our Old-Fashion Candy Dispenser with everyone today!

This Old-Fashion Candy Dispenser is SUPER easy!  
All you need is... 
Baby Chicken Feeder (you can find at any local feed store) for about $3,
 a Small Mouth Quart Mason Jar,
and three large bags of M&M's.

 
You fill the Mason Jar up with M&M's and then it just screws onto the chicken feeder.  That's it!
The best part about it is that you can change out the candy depending on the season.  You can use Candy Corn for Halloween,  and different colored M&M's for each season.  
It is also great for portion control because you can only eat a few M&M's at a time (great for kiddos!)
 
 
Brooke

4 comments:

Veronica and Daniel said...

My grandmother had one of these 'chick feeders' as she called it. She always has it filled with treats for us grandkids. She passed away this summer and last weekend when I was visiting my grandfather over the long Thanksgiving weekend, he gave the chick feeder and made me promise to always have it filled with treats like Grandma did. Now I just need to get some red and green M&M's to put in it :)

Unknown said...

My mom kept one of these in our house my whole childhood. We never ran out of M&Ms. She still has it today, but mostly only makes its appearance around Christmas now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Cari said...

What a fun idea, I've never seen that before!

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Brooke this is so cute, great idea. It reminds me when we used to have baby chicks in the spring!

I am so excited to know you are blogging, you have some awesome stuff, tell Nich hello! We miss you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...