Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Mrs. and A Mama: Pumpkin Rolls

We have another fabulous guest post today!  Jen from A Mrs. & A Mama is here to show us how to make Pumpkin Rolls.  But first let's get to know her...
************************************************
Let me start off by thanking the girls at Babblings & More for giving us the opportunity to be their guest today. I'm Jen; my mom and I recently started A Mrs. & A Mama as a way to motivate us to accomplish our creative projects that we are always dreaming up but not always following through with. We enjoy crafting, sewing, and baking and are usually chasing my two toddlers around all at the same time. Please take a moment to stop by our blog and see what we have going on each day from home decor projects to food adventures to time with our family.

With the holidays quickly approaching I am already getting requests to bake a few of my pumpkin rolls. I was a little intimidated the first time I attempted this recipe but the results turned out amazing and now each cake I bake turns out better than the last.

Ingredients:
Cake
  • Powdered Sugar to coat tea towel
  • 3/4 C. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 C. granulated sugar
  • 2/3 C. pumpkin puree
  • 1 C. walnuts, chopped (optional)
Filling
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 C. powdered sugar, sifted
  • 6 T butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, or a cookie sheet with fairly tall sides; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper; be sure to do this thoroughly because you will want the wax paper to peel away from the cake without tearing it. Coat both sides (yes, both) of a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick then beat in the pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture.

Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Remove from oven and place sugar coated towel over the cake then place a cooling rack on top of the towel and flip over removing the cake from the pan. SLOWLY peel away the wax paper being careful not to tear the cake. Roll up the cake and towel together (the cake will actually be rolled inside of the cake, strange, but trust me).

Let the rolled up cake and towel cool on wire rack.



Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.



Reroll cake.



Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before slicing. I like to slice the ends off before presenting it, to clean it up a bit (also, because I love to sneak a taste). If you like you can dust the cake with powdered sugar but I find that the rolling process leaves a lot of powdered sugar on the cake already, but it’s your choice. I also have a few family members that like it with whipped cream too.

Are you a pumpkin fan? Take a stop by our blog, I am pumpkin obsessed and have already tried 5 other pumpkin recipes this season. Enjoy!

******************************************

Thank you Jen!  My mouth is seriously watering.  I have been craving pumpkin rolls and this recipe will do the trick!  Now everyone head on over and check out all the other pumpkin recipes these ladies have at A Mrs. and A Mama...you will not be disappointed!
Briana

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies!

Brooke Kenny said...

That sounds fantastic! I will definitely need to try it!!!

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by the blog... I'm your newest follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...