Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Enchiladas made with What?


We love enchiladas at my house.  They are easy to make because I just throw in whatever I have on hand, and it always tastes yummy!

Last night I made some enchiladas.  

The secret ingredient...old tortilla chips!  Do you ever throw away those chips at the bottom of the bag that are to tiny to eat, or maybe they are a little stale?  Well, don't do it!  They make the best enchiladas!

Here is what I do, but I never make them the same, so take it for what it's worth.

I made my own enchilada sauce.  Nothing fancy, just tomato sauce with garlic salt and chili powder.
Spread out the sauce on the bottom of your dish.  Dump it the tortilla chips.
Add cooked hamburger, cheese, beans, canned green chilies, whatever you have.  
Layer what you have and add more enchilada sauce, topping it off with some cheese.

Enjoy!


Don't forget to vote for us daily!  Just click on this button!

11 comments:

Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...

Mmmmmmmm, I love enchiladas, but I've never tried to make them on my own. You make it sound so easy. I definitely think I'm going to have to try this one night. You may have just given me an idea for dinner tonight. Can't wait. Thanks for the idea.

Delle said...

Oh thanks - we quit having enchiladas because of gluten allergy. But this version we can do!!! My family thanks you big time!!!

Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

I read your secret ingredient and said to myself "Are you kidding me?!!!" We go through tortilla chips in my house like crazy, and always ALWAYS have those last little stale ones in the trash. Thank you so much for a great tip!
(visiting from polkadots on parade)

Richard Healey said...

That is a great use of those crumbs. You have to love Enchiladas. Great Link up.

http://blog.beccacooks.com/

Shelley said...

Sounds delicious and a great way to use up those crumbs! Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)

Rustown Mom said...

Very smart and frugal! I'm sure it was delish!

Shiloh said...

That sounds great. Lol, I'll be honest, tortilla chips never last that long in our house.;)

Jill said...

Looks soooo tasty!!
I'll vote for you on the fence too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh I just love enchiladas! Great tip!

Julie said...

Thanks for linking up to Show Your Stuff! You are welcome to come back:

http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-9.html

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I love enchilada, and one of my favs is from Southern Hospitality - honey lime. I now know what to do with stale tortilla chips. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...