Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Potty Training Jar

My daughter, Lacey, is at that age where I think it's time to do a little potty training.  I have two little girls in diapers: Lacey (2 years) and Daisy (7 months).  Eliminating one more person to buy diapers for is very motivating, but maybe not for her.

So I had this jar lying around from IKEA, so I decided to make it into Lacey's Potty Jar.  I used my Silhouette SD, which I LOVE!  And I used some hot pink vinyl.  With some ribbons on the handle, we were ready to go!


She was very motivated to "go" because she was able to get a treat afterwards.  Even my older boys tried to convince me that they needed a treat also.  But I didn't give in that easily!  And all the hard work has paid off!  Lacey is doing great and is POTTY TRAINED!  Yea!

7 comments:

Jade Cahoon said...

I think I'm going to have to try this one! My son is 2 1/2 and still has NO desire to use the potty!! I'm trying not to pressure him, but I'm getting a little worried. I've tried it all, too - telling him the potty is for "big boys" and diapers are for babies ... sticker rewards ... showing him daddy, pa pa, and several friends of his use the potty. He could care less, but maybe {just maybe} he'll get motivated by some M&M's!! ;) Thanks for sharing! Your jar is adorable!
Jade @ Sweet Baby {Mason} James

Unknown said...

I know that it is hard! I have 5 boys and potty training is all a blur to me now. My daughter seemed easier to potty train, but maybe it's because I was picturing in my mind something really hard. :) Not spending money on diapers was my motivation, eating out of her "potty jar" was hers. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea! I am potty training now too! Good luck!

Lindsay said...

This is so fun! I actually am potty training my little girl right now! Thanks for sharing!


I have a link party going on now, called Show & Share. I'd love to have you link this up!

http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-2.html

Marie said...

Super cute and motivating for a little one! Thanks for linking up with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogpsot.com

Chef in Training said...

what a fun idea!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Chef in Training said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...