Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

These cinnamon rolls were so good, I decided to share. The bread recipe:

4 1/2 tsp. Yeast
2 Cups warm Water (105-109 Degrees)
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup butter shortening (you can find this in the baking isle, it is butter flavored shortening)
6 1/2 Cups flour
2 Tbs Augason Farms Dough Enhancer (optional)

Cinnamon Filling:
1/2 butter (softened)
Cinnamon (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let the yeast bubble. Then add the sugar, salt, shortening and 5 cups of flour and mix. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and the dough enhancer. Knead for 6 minutes. Roll out the dough and add the cinnamon mixture. It should be creamy and easy to spread. Start at one edge and start rolling the dough.  After rolling, cut about every 2 inches.  Put the rolls into a greased pan and let them rise for about 45 min. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

* The dough Enhancer makes the rolls so soft. They will stay soft for days. You can find it in the food storage section at Walmart.
** This recipe is also good for dinner rolls.



Cream Cheese Frosting by Briana:
1 Pkg of Cream Cheese (soften)
1 Cube of Butter (soften)
1 tsp Vanilla
Powered Sugar

Mix the cream cheese and butter until well mixed. Mix in vanilla. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency.


These are so yummy. My husband couldn't wait until they were frosted. That is why the corner one is gone.

9 comments:

Brooke Kenny said...

That looks SOOO good! Can you send some to Amarillo??

Bridget Miller said...

YummmY!....

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Just a little confused. Help.

Is that 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening? The butter is for the inside of the roll with sugar and cinnamon where as the shortening for the dough? How much cinnamon with and sugar for the inside of the roll too?

I made these with my husband and winged it but I'd really like to know how you did it. I couldn't find the dough enhancer here in town but I think they came out pretty good none the less.

THANK YOU!
:-)

Babblings and More said...

Nancy-

Sorry for the mix up. I just fixed the recipe and hopefully it is easier to understand.

I've never measured the cinnamon and sugar. I just taste it after mixing it in with the butter. I will have to pay attention and measure it and then let you know. Sometimes I like a more cinnamony (if that's a word) flavor and other times I don't.

Another spin on the cinnamon rolls is to add some brown sugar. Just sprinkle on the brown sugar after spreading the cinnamon and sugar spread. You don't need to add to much, maybe a 1/2 cup or so. And then roll the dough up. It's really yummy!

I've also done this recipe so many times without the dough enhancer and it always turns out good!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Thank you -thank you Briana! We were so surprised how easy these were to make. I appreciate the extra directions. This is definitely a recipe that we are saving and remaking.

Have a great day!
:-)

Lisa said...

Ooohh, my favorite breakfast! Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Trisha said...

Thats the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Wow those rolls look great! I was wondering though...What brand of yeast do you buy and from what store? I love baking but have come across dead yeast enough to keep me from trying to bake with it period. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!!

Babblings and More said...

I usually just use the kind they sell at Costco. I think that it is the Red Label kind? But now I have a Sam's Club membership and they have yeast that works great as well. I don't have a particular kind that I like. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...