Monday, August 15, 2011

Golden Bars

Mmmm!  Just looking at these pictures make me hungry!  I haven't made these for so long I almost forgot about them.  This recipe comes from Ma, our Dad's mom.  My mom used to make them all the time when we were growing up and they are so tasty!  I don't remember her adding the nuts, but I thought they were great!  They were gone in no time...

This is so easy to make!  My kids had so much fun making it!  
Now they want to make their own cookbook!  I think they should go for it!  :)


So tempting!  They are perfectly moist and delicious!  My mouth is watering as I type!

Topped with some Double Vanilla Homemade Ice Cream (Recipe to be posted later).


Golden Bars
Ila May Porter Reed

1 1/2 cups of flour 
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cups of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. of vanilla
1 cup of walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9 by 13 inch pan.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.  Melt the butter then stir in brown sugar, eggs, vanilla. Then add the flour mixture and nuts.  Mix.  
Bake 25 to 30 minutes in pan.
Cut in squares while still HOT!

So easy!  You have to try!

8 comments:

Bridget Miller said...

These are SO Good! Now I have to make them!

Brian Reed said...

This is Mom. How come you are tempting me? Did you want to win our weight loss challenge

cami said...

I just made those for the first tome in like 5 years! I forgot how GOOD they are!!! yum!

Lovely Light said...

Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. I haven't had one of these in so long. Sounds yummy! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

I hope you have a great week!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

This recipe looks amazing! Join in on the fun and come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These look so good! I just found your blog through Something Swanky. It sounds like we lived somewhat close by to your family home when we lived in AZ.

I host a linky party on Tuesdays (runs through Friday) and hope you can join sometime! Crazy Sweet Tuesdays

Lisa said...

How delectable! Thanks for linking them up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

I bet adding the walnuts -makes it! Definitely mouth watering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...