Thursday, September 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I love peanut butter and chocolate!  Mmmm!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  A few days ago, I wanted to make a special treat.  I remember my cousin making a delicious cake she found on Pinterest: Peanut Butter Sheet Cake.  It was seriously so good!
 
 
So I decided to use the sheet cake recipe to make cupcakes.  I felt as if the batter was a bit too thin, so I added a 1/2 cup more flour than the recipe called for.  For the frosting, I used a recipe from Bakerella.  She made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes that looked amazing.  I only used the frosting recipe.
So here is what I did for my Peanut Butter Cupcakes.  Even my husband, who isn't a cupcake fan, couldn't stop eating them!
 
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cupcake pan with liners.
 
Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter
Mix together the following and add to the above mixture:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups flour 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp soda
Mix and add to the above mixture:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
 After mixing, pour batter into cupcake pan filling each liner about 2/3 of the way full.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Let cool before frosting.
 
Frostings

1 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 Tablespoons milk
 
For chocolate frosting, beat 1/2 cup butter until creamy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix. Slowly add 2 cups confectioner's sugar and cocoa and mix until combined. Add 1 Tablespoon milk and mix until creamy and smooth. More milk may be added to make frosting creamy.
 
For peanut butter frosting, beat 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cup peanut butter until creamy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix. Slowly add 2 cups confectioners sugar and mix until combined. Add 1 Tablespoon milk and mix until creamy and smooth.  More milk may be added to make frosting creamy.
 
Add frosting to decorating bag, filling one half with chocolate frosting and the other half with peanut butter frosting.  Frost cupcakes and top with a chocolate bar!
 
Enjoy! 

Briana

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy cupcakes!!! I'd like to try on some homemade cupcakes!!!


buy paintings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...