Friday, August 30, 2013

Honey Oat Bread

A few months ago, I shared with you my go to White Bread Recipe.   Occasionally, I like to mix things up a bit (no pun intended) and try different variations. 
 
 Here's one of my favorite variations. 
 Honey Oat Bread.  It's so tasty and yummy!  These loaves don't last long once I pull them out of the oven! 
 
Just a quick note:  When I make bread, I use my Bosch mixer.  If you want to make it by hand you will have to knead the bread and then let it rise in one big mound until doubled, punch it down and then put it in your loaf pans to rise the final time.  When using a Bosch mixer, it eliminates the need for the first rising.
 
 
  Honey Oat Bread
 
Ingredients:
3 TBS Yeast
1 1/2 TBS Salt
8 Cups Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats (Dry Oatmeal)
3 Cups Hot Water (Not Boiling)
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Oil (I use Canola Oil)
  Add 1 3/4 cups of hot water and Oatmeal together and let sit.  Mix yeast, salt and 4 cups of flour together in mixing bowl.  Add the oatmeal mixture, remaining water and honey to mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add rest of flour one cup at a time until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. 
 
 Continue to mix for 6 minutes.  
 
Divide dough into thirds.  Put in three bread loaf pans, cover and let rise for about one hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Butter tops of bread when done.  Let sit in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.  Enjoy!
 
Briana

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...