Friday, May 10, 2013

My New (Refinished) Computer Table

Years ago, we found this table on the side of the road.  I was so excited!  I couldn't believe that my neighbor didn't want it any more!  So I quickly enlisted my boys to walk down to her house and pick up the table and drag it to our house.  I knew that I could use it for something. 


 For a while, this table served me well as my craft/sewing table.  I always had the intention of painting it and making it look cute, but I just never took the time to do it.  It needed a bit of work before I could paint it.  It was pretty wobbly.  


Fast forward about 4-5 years...
I finally finished the table!  My husband made the table sturdy, my boys sanded it down and helped me paint it and then I glazed it and...I love it!


I can't believe that it took me so long to finish!  One of the reasons it did take me so long was that I remained indecisive on what paint color to use.  I debated over white and black, then turquoise.  But when all was said and done, I decided to use Valspar's Bungalow Gold.  Since we are renting right now and all our walls are white, I wanted to do a splash of color to decorate around.  And this was the perfect choice! 


After the sanding and painting, I decided to glaze it.  I tinted the glaze with ebony stain.  I painted it on and then wiped it off.  I  really liked all the imperfections of the wood, so I left as much glaze as I could in all the knicks and scratches and grooves of the wood.  It turned out amazing and is now the new home of my computer!  

Briana

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...