Monday, April 8, 2013

Good Ol' White Bread

Very rarely do I buy bread from the store.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time that I did!  I make my own bread.  And we love it!

A few years ago, while my husband was in Medical School, he would make the bread.  He really enjoyed making it and he would always give one of the loaves away to friends, family or neighbors.  He would say, "I may not be the bread winner, but I am the bread maker."  :)


Anyway, I wanted to share with you my go to bread recipe.  This is just a basic recipe and vary it from time to time, but I will share those variations later.

When I make bread, I use my Bosch mixer.  We lucked out big time and found one at a yard sale for $10!!  That is a smokin' deal and it gets used all the time. The benefit of using a Bosch is that once the dough is mixed, you just mix it for 6 more minutes and that takes over one rising. That just means that your bread will be done twice as fast!


White Bread

Ingredients:
3 TBS Yeast
1/2 Cup Sugar 
1 1/2 TBS Salt
8 Cups Flour
3 Cups Warm Water
1/2 Cup Oil (I use Canola Oil)

Mix yeast, sugar, salt and 4 cups of flour. Add water and oil to mixture.  Add rest of flour one cup at a time until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.  Continue to mix for 6 minutes.  Divide dough into thirds.  Put in three bread loaf pans, cover and let rise for about one hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Butter tops of bread when done.  Let sit in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.  Enjoy!

This recipe is also great for pizza dough, rolls and cinnamon rolls!

Briana

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...