Monday, September 19, 2011

New and Improved End Table


Remember when I posted this?  It was exactly one month ago!  This table has been on my back porch that entire time!  I would look at it, think about it, and sometimes I would actually work on it...

This is the before picture.  I think that I picked it up at a yard sale for $5.  


I told the doors off and all the hardware. The cardboard boxes from moving really came in handy!


I spray painted the primer.  I didn't want to take the time to sand down everything and that would mean I would have to wait for my husband to set up his tools in the shop, I mean garage.  


Here is the finished table all spray painted.  We were off to a good start! 


After three coats of white paint and many storms later, here is the finished product.  (We had so many rain storms this past month, that this table really took a beating!)


After I painted it, I glazed it.  I took the glaze and mixed it with Minwax ebony stain.  I would paint it on and then wipe it off.  It has a weathered, distressed look and I love it!  I will have to do the same thing to my computer desk!


I also replaced the handles.  I like the simplicity of these new ones and they look great with the coloring of the glaze!  I love the table and the way it looks in my house...now I just have to move onto the next project!

18 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

I think it sounds awesome. Let me know what you come up with

Bridget Miller said...

Looks really good!

Alana Karl said...

Love the transformation, especially the new handles!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

How nice she turned out! Great find and great job! Found you via Chef in Training. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/few-finished-projects.html

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFULLY done...lovely update!

Deborah March said...

GORGEOUS update!

Sweetwater Style said...

Love this...I have a thrift store end table in need of something just like this..thanks for the inspiration!

BluBabesCreate said...

The white looks so much better! Come be inspired by a courageous man!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you found this for just $5! My luck is rarely that good! Your redo looks great too. I love a distressed white finish.

Cynthia said...

Very nice table! You did a great job transforming it!

Just Jaime said...

Looks awesome!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

It looks great! Don't you just love transforming those $5.00 finds?!

Jacqueline said...

This looks good also!!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This looks sooo great! Happy I found your blog

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Great re-do, it looks fantastic now! Well worth all that effort!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

kelly arent said...

I love this! Great job! What kind of paint did you use...latex, oil?? Will you have to seal it with poly at all? Thanks for sharing. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Copper-Roof-Interior-Redesign-Home-Staging-LLC/286070861408076

Babblings and More said...

I used a latex paint that I picked up at Home Depot. I used the Behr Premuim Plus paint in Ultra Pure White-Interior Satin. I didn't seal it either. I wanted the more rustic look, and all the dings just add character! :)

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

this looks awesome great job! come link up again this weekend at scrappy saturdays @ candacecreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...